Work on the basement is moving along well (I promise I'll put some pictures out here very soon, I know people are dying to see a bunch of 2x4s and Coleson expertly shooting cans off the top of the water heaters with the nail gun). On Saturday night at about 2 or 3 a.m. Summer and I were rudely awakened by an extremely loud rumbling noise coming from the basement directly under our bed. My buddy "helping with the basement" (i.e., pretty much doing all the work that requires any sort of technical construction skill, such as using a tape measure or tuning in the radio to various rock ballads from the 80's), has occassionally been trying to unnerve me by mentioning "strange happenings" in the basement when it gets dark. So granted when the loud diesel engine caliber noise kicked in at this forsaken time of night, my first thought was, "Oh man, he wasn't kidding!" Summer jumps awake, and we're both thinking the whole house is coming apart. After a few seconds of groggy anticipation, I realize that we had simply left the air compressor plugged in and it had leaked some air over the hours and finally kicked on to re-pressurize. Gratefully the boys did not wake up, and the compressor shut down after 20 seconds or so. Considering the time of night and my initial thoughts of what might be causing the noise, I bravely decided that I would wait till morning to unplug the compressor. Shortly thereafter Summer and I fell back asleep, and I'm proud to note that I bravely unplugged the compressor after church the next day. No strange happenings to report concerning the basement construction, other than our occassional choice of easy listening music while working.
On another note, Sunday was Coleson's first day with his new primary class and teacher. Coleson finally found out that his Mom, Summer, is his happy new teacher, and he is beside himself with joy and excitement at this wonderful development. It was hard keeping this a secret, but well worth the anticipation and surprise that Coleson has been feeling. Ammon is still having a great time in nursery, and I would reiterate everything from the first posting we put out here about Ammon, nursery, and Robin (I finally attached a picture to that first nursery posting).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Brian, there is a reason for all this. Nothing is a coincidence. I turn the compressor off every night before I leave. If it turned on (like you say)in the middle of the night then you must beware. Those who seek the darkness have found you. They begin by toying with you then they pounce!
"Light up the darkness."
Brian, tonight's the night. Better get your UV lamp from Costco.
Ben, in light of your posts under the pseudonym of Neville and "Head Darkseeker" (although I'm not quite sure if the second post is really a pseudonym for you or if it is an appropriate title), Summer and I have devised several events that might even the score, as they say. I'll give you a heads up on one. You know how you can smell the sweet scents of whatever we are cooking when your working in the basement. Soon there will be several batches of cookies, brownies, bread, and other delectable aromatic creations of which you can enjoy the smell, but not actually partake of their sweet goodness.
Thanks for the good laugh Bro.
Brian your remarks remind me of a poem I once heard:
Strange sounds sometimes come from the Cheney's house.
Nail guns, air compressors, and sometimes even a mouse.
But there is one sound, yes one sound that will be heard above all.
The yell from a Darkseeker standing in the middle of the new downstairs hall.
Sleep tight my friend.
Wow..some people have too much time...eh? ;) Oh wait, I commented too..doh!
Post a Comment