Friday, November 18, 2011

Excitement and joy do not even describe it!

This week has flown by! The lack of posts has been due to nothing new and not a lot of sitting around. Ammon is healing and getting back to semi-normal, which meant more interaction and entertaining this week. He did get another hematocrit transfusion and the benadryl did not interact well. He was inconsolable for a little while. He has had night sweats and diaper redness, but all minor comparatively. He is getting chemo right now in the OR. It is a lumbar puncture which is done under sedation, but only takes about 10 minutes. After he is observed for a few hours then we should be on our way home!! I told the cleaning lady this morning she could wait until we left. I ran into a few PICU doctors and nurses yesterday and today and told them the good news. I keep spreading my gratitude around hoping that will ensure us going home....The doctor just cleared us to go home! We can't thank everyone enough for their prayers, thoughts, services, notes, child care, etc. to get us through. Hopefully we won't have another complication like this, seeing this is just the second month of our leukemia journey, but everyone has helped us and blessed us to survive! There are so many days and nights where I wish I could rock, sing and love Ammon's problems away and this time I think the overwhelming love and faith (with a lot of hospital care) worked!

5 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

How exciting! We are so happy that things are going in the right direction. Your family is so wonderful and we are learning and gaining so much from your examples. :)

Laura said...

We are so happy to hear that. Great news!

Tara said...

Home Sweet Home! Great news!

Carma Hyde said...

I'm so happy for you Brian and Summer, Coleson and Brynn. I'm so happy I got to see you and Ammon the other day Summer--I think you are an amazing mother.

Carma Hyde said...

But most of all I'm happy for Ammon.