Sunday, June 7, 2009

We're in Florida!


Right now were are in Orlando and loving it. I just thought we would share some of the highlights from our vacation so far. We have gone to the Magic Kingdom, Gatorland, and the Kennedy Space Center. At the Magic Kingdom we experienced Florida's humidity, heat, and down pours all in one day. We would have to wait until the storm passed to continue on some rides. We were totally soaked, even with ponchos, but then when the sun came out we would dry up instantly. The rides were fun, but I think Coleson enjoyed running through the rain just as much. Brynn is at the stage where she puts everything in her mouth and tends to bite me on the shoulder when she is hungry. We were on the Jungle Cruise ride when a lady tapped me on the shoulder and said my baby was eating plastic. She had chewed a whole through my poncho! We left Ammon with my mom at the hotel-which is very nice. he got to spend the day with grandma, go swimming and enjoy the scenery. He doesn't tolerate the heat well, or anything that is too bumpy or moves like an elevator because he gets startled real easily. Well that is pretty much everything at the Magic Kingdom. Anyway, so we were on the ferry boat going across the waterway to the front gates and this young man next to us sticks out his hand to shake and says i'm Andrew. He was in a wheel chair and probably has cerebral palsy. So we shook his hand and started talking. He just loved Brynn. He kept telling us what a beautiful baby she was-we had to have his dad tell us what he was saying because it was very mumbled. I was just impressed that he could communicate so well. I was trying so hard to understand him and have a good conversation. So we talked the whole boat ride. He was from england and it was his last day. You could tell he was just having a great time.



Gatorland was definetly a touristy thing, but it was fun to see all the big gators(not crocs). We saw real white alligators, poisonous snakes, and gaters jump up to eat raw chicken.

My fav. has been the Kennedy Space Center. To see the real thing, where the shuttle blasts off, to see the transporter, the path it takes, was awesome. Everything is a lot bigger in real life. Every person, every job is important. I think I like it because they try to be efficient, resourceful and there are so many inventions/things that make our life easier because of things they have started there and passed down. Like computers, diapers, cell phones, etc. I think a part of me has always wanted to be the first to do something or part of a discovery. When I was in elementary school I remember watching the Challenger. I wished that Christa McAuliffe was my teacher. We watched the challenger blast off and then sadly blow up. We were all crying and I remember wanting to be the first girl to go in space and be an astronaught. Well obviously as I grew up i didn't devote my life to the space program, i think my dream ended at byu in my first Physics class. I always thought I was good at math and science and figuring things out until i took that class. Maybe Coleson will want to be an astronaut.

2 comments:

Talltiffany said...

SO FUN! Glad you guys are out on a fun family adventure! Have a blast!

Trisha Read said...

How awesome! Wish I knew you were there, we could have made a trip down to see you. I need to call more often!