Sunday, November 8, 2009

Halloween Fun


We had a great Halloween. Coleson decided a long time ago that he wanted to be a Lego person. The he decided Lego Indiana Jones. So I went on a quest to find a costume-but there was none to be found. Since I have so much free time(ha ha) and with his time off track we made our own Lego costume. I could never get the legs right so we made due with a box top and shoes, and accessories. Ammon was a gecko and Brynn a Ladybug. Brian and I dressed up as a "50's Grease" couple.





We had a trial run with costumes for Ammon's Bday party, then the day before Halloween Brynn learned how to trick or treat. At Brian's work they had a party and the kids went around to all the offices and cubicles to get treats. Brynn caught on very fast how to walk pick stuff out of a bucket and put it in hers. She's already showing signs of a true girl by carrying buckets around like purses on her arm. She threw a fit when we had to stop taking things from people. So Halloween night I thought I would walk up with her to every other house. She wanted nothing to do with "every other" part. Luckily, I have some very nice neighbors who helped me push Ammon and walk up with Brynn. She would mumble something with the rest of the kids and get her candy. She is also not afraid to eat right through the paper or plastic to get the sugar-remember my Disneyworld post about eating through the poncho- plastic does not stop this girl. We were so glad it didn't snow and I took all three kids out for an hour. Ammon enjoyed being outside and getting things in his bucket. Last year Coleson was so excited he ran so fast I couldn't keep up. This year it was perfect because he had rectangle box "Lego" shoes to slow him down. Brian had fun at home passing out candy and playing games with kids to earn "bonus" candy. We also carved a lot of pumkins. Lego Indiana Jones and a ladybug for our city's pumpkin walk, R2D2 for mutual, and at the top picture you can barely see "Bob" from Monster's vs Aliens with a few monster friends. I think Coleson has taken up my passion for carving pumpkins.


Here are the monster cheese fingers from the party.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween. Ammon looks like he enjoyed his costume with his sweet smile in the first pic. Coleson looks awesome!! And OH MY!! looks like "Girlfriend" still has an attitude. lol See you on Saturday.

Mo said...

I LOVED Lego Indiana! He cracked me up. So clever.