Thursday, August 5, 2010

He's his own Kid...


One of the night's while we were away in Fiji, Coleson was back home and got to go on a sleepover with his cousins. They had a wonderful time together! Coleson is still the kid in many regards that just seems to say the funniest things that are well beyond his young years. My brother sent me the following email the day we returned home:

Hope you had a memorable trip.

The boys really liked hanging out. Coleson was a fantastic cheerleader at their baseball game. Aidan said it was the best night ever. Of course playing Wii until midnight has something to do with that assessment.

As you well know, Coleson says the funniest things sometimes. He was sitting next to me at the pool while we watched Holden jump off the high board. While waiting his turn, an overweight guy makes his way up the ladder, walks to the edge of the board, and contemplates a triple lindy. The place was strangely silent with anticipation. Then Coleson deadpans (in a voice that made no attempt at being quiet), "This could end badly. Huh?"

Later on, I held Coleson's ice cream cone while he put on his seat belt. When I handed it back to him, he says with real concern, "You didn't lick any, did you?" I told him no and pointed out that I had my own cone. He says, "Ok.....but did you take any of mine?"