Sunday, December 12, 2010

Coleson turns 8!


Coleson has been counting down, I think since mid July for his birthday. He always feels that he has to wait the longest for his birthday since it is towards the end of the year. This year he chose to go to Carl's Junior and play with Legos for his party-really what more could you want? We let him invite a few friends and I came up with a few games to go along with the Lego theme.
We had a scavenger hunt,
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhBolS_sAgpVB0X33rX6j2hxSP5j8HfAqxHGugGQduX-rFS4-HHEAlrSn-ym-Rorz0DspR6Tbk2rfNPRJ-25pvovMc_USzhuzRCA3hrB87nLx_Y1bxD9jyGqYM2QSdM1LYbk5Zxks-_NAhP/s400/IMG_1164_2.JPG">

timed building creation/race,



Of course Brynn wanted to be part of the action, she can build very "tall towers"

and name the Lego person attatched to your forehead.


I wasn't sure the boys would really care for the games (they are 8 now) but I thought you need to do a little more that just play with Legos. They loved the games and had a great time. It's always the things that are easy and not stressed about that usually turn out the best.

Brian took the boys through the drive through to order anything. They came back with these huge hamburgers, it would have been a great commercial. I don't think anyone finished theirs, but I am sure in a year or two, they will be asking for 2.


Doesn't he look sharp!


Did I mention Coleson is a cub scout now? That is one of the things that he was most excited for. He got to go to the fire station with his den a few days before his birthday and he just couldn't contain himself. He was ready to go 30min before it was time to leave. The next week when I dropped him off at the church building for his first official time, he jumped out of the car and ran in before his friend that we were car pooling with even got out. He makes me smile.

No comments: