Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Monday

Yesterday Ammon had to prove that he could breathe well without the ventilator.  He did good on his trials, so they took out the tube and turned off the ventilator.  Hooray!  One side effect of being intubated is possibly damaging vocal cords.  I was worried about that since they made about 5 attempts before they finally placed the breathing tube correctly.  He did cry with a horse little voice, which sounds so sad, but I am so grateful.  I don't know what I would do if he couldn't cry to tell me when something is wrong.  He has a lot of mucus in his lungs, so he has to be suctioned frequently.  He is on a bipap machine, but looks so comfortable.  His seizures have been more frequent which haven't allowed him to sleep as soundly or breathe as consistently as normal.  I am hoping those will start diminishing as he gets better.  Today our goal is to cough up all the secretions in his lungs and prove that he is stable.  Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers.  He is doing so much better than I anticipated.  I just love my little boy.

1 comment:

Jenefer said...

Thank you for keeping us posted...your family is always in our prayers!!