Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Brynn and Ammon...



Brynn continues to do well and we are figuring out her schedule more and more day by day. She sleeps a lot, and her relatively brief fussy time is from about 10 to 12 at night. This is great Daddy daughter time, because I don’t mind staying up late and Brynn isn’t upset if someone is holding her.

Couple of other things that we didn’t initially expect or think of with this wonderful addition to our family. With Summer having a C-section delivery she is limited in what she can lift, and our not-so-little Ammon is off the lifting list for six weeks (two weeks already done). Summer is recovering so much better this time, and knowing the type of person she is, if it weren’t for doctors orders I’m sure she’d be carrying Ammon and Brynn around already. So to prepare for this lack of carrying I turned Ammon’s crib into a day bed, so it is only about a foot off the floor with a partial guard rail. Ammon slept in it for the first time Sunday night and about 3 a.m. woke up crying because the lower half of his body had fallen out of the bed (yeah, they call me the master craftsman for a reason). After strategically stuffing a few pillows in the opening and calming him down he slept fine the rest of the night.

Here’s our expected routine for the next little while. I’m in town this week so I get Ammon up and fed before I go to work, with the expectation that I’ll make it home in time to feed him at night, do his exercises, and get him to bed. Turns out we have some phenomenal neighbors (I think I’ve mentioned that several times before, we live with some awesome people). The neighborhood has organized to have someone come over during lunch and nap time to lift, play, and do exercises with Ammon until Summer gets the okay to do this on her own. I can only hope that those people that are sacrificing so much to come over are blessed immensely by the spirit of this not-so-little guy. Necana came over Monday and helped feed Ammon and put him down to a nap, she did a great job. This is all new for Ammon too, so I’m hoping his spirit and personality will allow people to serve him in this regard, and help him to open up a little more in public and strive to be more physically independent with his mobility. After nap it was big brother Coleson’s job to lift Ammon out of his bed, put him on the exercise mat, and pull him into the living room. Big brother used his muscles and did not disappoint. I’ll keep you posted on how this whole process goes.

Ammon’s personal nursery teacher was released from her calling last week. Robin has done a great job with Ammon, and we are going to miss her so much. She gladly endured multiple crumb and drool messes on the shoulder, with occasional spit ups on her nice Sunday dresses. She was Ammon’s first teacher, and we will always remember her as such. We are grateful for her willingness to color, sing, and play with Ammon, but most especially we are grateful for her teaching him, loving him, and accepting him.

One more item. This past Friday we went down to Grandma and Grandpa Hutchings home and they took us all to the Sizzler for dinner (the Sizzler rocks, especially before 5 o’clock). After a wonderful meal, Grandma and Grandpa took the lead and were leaving shortly before us to head home. We were all waving and saying good-bye and I looked down at Ammon and he was waving his whole arm. I quickly got Summer’s attention and we just watched in amazement as Ammon continued to wave bye all on his own. Then on Monday morning as I left to work he waved bye to me again. It probably sounds silly to get so excited and emotional over something so common, but we are sure proud of him. I attribute it all to two solid weeks of fun interactive times with Maga, she has been such a blessing in Ammon’s life yet again. We miss you Maga!

No comments: