We are hopefully leaving the hospital tonight and everyone is so excited to be going home. Little Brynn is the cutest little baby and big brothers are still beside themselves whenever they are around her. Coleson can't stop holding her and asking to hold her, and Ammon still does big smiles everytime we say "baby sister." It's been kind of unusual the past few days having Brynn in the same room as us at the hospital. I honestly expected to have Brynn spend a few days in the NICU, or have machines hooked up to her, etc. I kept asking the nurses if they needed to measure Brynn's dirty diapers, check her oxygen saturation, or half dozen other things, but they just keep telling me there is no need. We really like this. It was kind of funny the other day when we were talking with Dr. Marriott about the C-section surgery. I mentioned to him, for lack of a better word at the time, that it was kind of "fun" to hear him and the other doctor talking about Wall-E, Lexus', and other things during the surgery. He quickly apologized and noted that his attention was completely on the surgery, but he does this so often that it is just natural to talk during the surgery. I told him there was no need for an apology and I hadn't really explained myself to well, it was comforting to hear him talking about these things during the surgery because I knew it was an indication everything was going exactly as it should. He noted that was exactly right, when it's quiet in the room it's usually because something unexpected is happening. He then noted that when Ammon was born it was very "quiet" during the surgery, and there was none of the comforting banter. Again, Ammon's experiences brought many wonderful miracles into our lives, but I really like Brynn's approach to joining our family. Enjoy the pictures, we are very pleased parents and therefore many more pictures are sure to follow. Also, thank you thank you thank you to everyone, it has been a tremendous support and very welcomed. Also, Grandma Debbie (Maga) has done a wonderful job with Coleson and Ammon, much better than I could have done. Thank you again.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
More of Baby Sister Brynn...
We are hopefully leaving the hospital tonight and everyone is so excited to be going home. Little Brynn is the cutest little baby and big brothers are still beside themselves whenever they are around her. Coleson can't stop holding her and asking to hold her, and Ammon still does big smiles everytime we say "baby sister." It's been kind of unusual the past few days having Brynn in the same room as us at the hospital. I honestly expected to have Brynn spend a few days in the NICU, or have machines hooked up to her, etc. I kept asking the nurses if they needed to measure Brynn's dirty diapers, check her oxygen saturation, or half dozen other things, but they just keep telling me there is no need. We really like this. It was kind of funny the other day when we were talking with Dr. Marriott about the C-section surgery. I mentioned to him, for lack of a better word at the time, that it was kind of "fun" to hear him and the other doctor talking about Wall-E, Lexus', and other things during the surgery. He quickly apologized and noted that his attention was completely on the surgery, but he does this so often that it is just natural to talk during the surgery. I told him there was no need for an apology and I hadn't really explained myself to well, it was comforting to hear him talking about these things during the surgery because I knew it was an indication everything was going exactly as it should. He noted that was exactly right, when it's quiet in the room it's usually because something unexpected is happening. He then noted that when Ammon was born it was very "quiet" during the surgery, and there was none of the comforting banter. Again, Ammon's experiences brought many wonderful miracles into our lives, but I really like Brynn's approach to joining our family. Enjoy the pictures, we are very pleased parents and therefore many more pictures are sure to follow. Also, thank you thank you thank you to everyone, it has been a tremendous support and very welcomed. Also, Grandma Debbie (Maga) has done a wonderful job with Coleson and Ammon, much better than I could have done. Thank you again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
She is so precious! We're so excited for you guys! Girls are lots of fun!
Oh my!
She looks so much like Summer! Congrats! And prepare yourself for drama...
Love,
The Goddards
Summer- Brynn is so beautiful. What a great family you have. Congratulations. Lets get together soon.
Cari
Summer, you have the cutest family. I linked onto your blog from Cari's. Brynn is so cute, but I'm kind of partial to girls anyways. Congratulations!
Post a Comment