Friday, January 30, 2009

Chuck This...

This one is for you Mom (Brian's Mom)...We love you!!!

It’s my Mom’s birthday this week and, well, let’s just say she is three decades older than me (do the math if you so desire). For her birthday she asked that we take her for a fun family bowling event followed by a nice family dinner. Apparently, Chuck a Rama is the restaurant of preference for many of our local older citizens (I refuse to label my Mom just yet as a senior citizen). Mom’s partial reasoning is that Chuck a Rama is just a quick convenient choice where people can get whatever they want whenever they want (the choice is yours, right). I ask myself, "Isn’t that how all restaurants operate?" When it comes to Chuck a Rama, I believe there is a yet an undiscovered gene that remains dormant until you reach 60 something. At which point there is an irresistible urge to eat at large buffet style restaurants before 4:00 p.m. with all children and grandchildren in tow. I don’t get it yet, but I expect I will someday. I usually try to make the best of it by enlisting Coleson and a few unsuspecting nephews into a professional scone eating contest (bunch of amateurs).

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Okay, I am totally laughing right now. I am assuming that the nephews you speak of could possibly be our boys and I really don't want to contend with two kids puking up scones, so I'll be watching you!! BTW, you can probably blame Chuck-A-Rama on me because I was completely dreading the 45 minute wait and the kids playing under the table kind of thing and so I suggested something that would be a bit more kid friendly. This was a few months ago when we were thinking about going to the zoo. So, anyhow that suggestion may have carried over to this new event. If so, I sincerely appologize even though I know your going to enjoy it no matter how you protest. Serves you right for missing Tepanyaki last year!!!

Talltiffany said...

THat is hilarious. So true about the buffets! Seriously the scones are so dang good. My parents love that place.