Coleson is a big first grader now! Last week I started getting sad to think about him being gone all day long and it finally came. Coleson started to get worried too. I guess he was just mostly scared of lunch because you are with the big kids and he didn't know how that would work. Well after two days, that is his favorite part of school. He learned the less/faster you eat, the more recess you get, you can trade peach slices for a pickle, and you are supposed to have a treat in your lunch( i guess i didn't know that part) I explained everyone is going to have different things in their lunch and I am not going to put packs of sugar in there. He told me that i was wrong you have to have a dessert-that's just how it is. I guess we could find some snack/treats that aren't pure sugar. So the first day we were going to walk to school together, even though he insisted he could go by himself. He was ready like 45min before school started and kept asking if he could go and I told him we were walking together. I really don't want to be an embarressing mom or anything, but come on it's the first day. (and my parental right to make sure he is safe) I let him go outside to see if any other kids had started walking and then we would go. After seeing the first kid he took off. I was trying to push the stoller and keep up, but i think he was trying to get to school without me. I caught up in the end to take one last picture and then he was gone. I have really enjoyed Coleson's company all these years. It's kind of weird to go to doctor's offices or places without him. Everyone seems a little dissapointed when it's just me. Coleson is definitely the life of the party! He definitely doesn't miss being at home with crying kids. It will be a great break for him. However, today he said a prayer asking if school could be shorter-maybe he secretly misses me.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Coleson's off to first grade
Coleson is a big first grader now! Last week I started getting sad to think about him being gone all day long and it finally came. Coleson started to get worried too. I guess he was just mostly scared of lunch because you are with the big kids and he didn't know how that would work. Well after two days, that is his favorite part of school. He learned the less/faster you eat, the more recess you get, you can trade peach slices for a pickle, and you are supposed to have a treat in your lunch( i guess i didn't know that part) I explained everyone is going to have different things in their lunch and I am not going to put packs of sugar in there. He told me that i was wrong you have to have a dessert-that's just how it is. I guess we could find some snack/treats that aren't pure sugar. So the first day we were going to walk to school together, even though he insisted he could go by himself. He was ready like 45min before school started and kept asking if he could go and I told him we were walking together. I really don't want to be an embarressing mom or anything, but come on it's the first day. (and my parental right to make sure he is safe) I let him go outside to see if any other kids had started walking and then we would go. After seeing the first kid he took off. I was trying to push the stoller and keep up, but i think he was trying to get to school without me. I caught up in the end to take one last picture and then he was gone. I have really enjoyed Coleson's company all these years. It's kind of weird to go to doctor's offices or places without him. Everyone seems a little dissapointed when it's just me. Coleson is definitely the life of the party! He definitely doesn't miss being at home with crying kids. It will be a great break for him. However, today he said a prayer asking if school could be shorter-maybe he secretly misses me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love the Rock Star Coleson photo! First grade! When did he get so big??
That is great. So crazy that he is a first grader! They grow up so fast...and Coleson has always seemed ahead of the game!
Post a Comment