Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fun with grandparents

In January we went sledding one day with grandpa, grandma and cousins. Coleson and I had a blast going a 100 miles per hour down the hill. At the top you feel like an irresponsible parent sending your kid down hoping he finishes alive. Brynn would not smile or move. We determined it was because she had to wear blue boots. I could not find any pink ones the week before in her size and thought she'll be fine in Coleson hand-me-downs. She had this little attitude until the very end.


When we went to California, the kids had fun with "Maga" and "Paki" Coleson made up these names when he was learning to talk- they are a lot easier then grandma and grandpa. Ammon would call my mom Maba and Brynn has changed it to Ma-be and pa-pe. The names have stuck. It has made it easier to identify which grandma or grandpa we are talking about. When Coleson was born he had 12 grandmas/pas. Here are some of their favorite activities:

Ammon "walky walks" with Paki


Paki and Coleson off-roading


Brynn doing to dishes-we couldn't keep her out of the water



When Ammon was feeling a little better, Maga took us to Incredible Johns Pizza. It reminded me of the Pizza Galaxy on the movie Toy Story. It was way fun. They have a pizza buffet with toppings like PB&J, Macaroni and cheese --kids favorites. It had all the games that you get at Boondocks or Classic Fun center, but the atmosphere was a little bit better. Coleson loved the giant screen cartoon room where we ate. Brynn and I showed our skills at Dance Dance Revolution.






Then my mom came out for a week to help me while Brian was out of town. I was so excited. I didn't even have to have a baby for all that time with her. I imagined getting my whole house organized, huge shopping trips, fun activities with the kids, etc. Well it was still daily life, Ammon had a few appointments, Coleson got sick, kids woke up at night, however I had very little stress the whole week. It was so nice to have an extra set of hands the whole day. Thanks mom!

No comments: