Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Smile!!!

I decided that in between projects at work I needed to take a quick lunch break with Ammon and Summer at the hospital. I’m glad I made that decision. Upon arriving in Ammon’s room he was in the middle of a respiratory treatment. He heard my voice and looked right at me. At one point while singing him songs, rubbing his arm, and holding his hand, Ammon must have thought I was doing something funny because he started to give us a little smile. This only encouraged us even more, and the silly songs became more jubilant, the hand motions became more excited, and the smiles got bigger and kept coming. Summer snapped the picture below on her phone. This is the first time in about a month and half that we have been blessed with a smile from Ammon. Ammon’s doctors and nurses were just as excited as us to see him smile, and the word was spreading quickly. You know sometimes how you’re not sure exactly what you should be praying for in the morning, like something specific as opposed to something more general. I know tonight and tomorrow morning we are going to be praying for more smiles from Ammon, a whole lot more smiles. Big happy miracle smiles!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Love that smile! What a blessing.