We had a wonderful Christmas! Coleson and I went to church to enjoy Christmas musical numbers and stories. Meanwhile Brian stayed home with Ammon and Brynn, who was so excited to go to church with her new doll that had a matching Christmas dress. Her nose began to run too much so she stayed home. Coleson was promised gifts would not be opened until he got home. I'm glad he enjoys Christmas music. He got to attend the Mormon Tabernacle choir performance last week and enjoyed it immensely. He has been going to school early for the last few weeks to sing Christmas carols. For the Cheney family Christmas Eve party he performed Nottin' for Christmas, his new fav.
Everday I have school time with Brynn and Ammon. Brynn has been learning the correct words for Jingle Bells, while Ammon shakes bells. It takes humility on her part to let her Mom tell her the right words. After one day of showing her how to spread her fingers out to play one note at a time on the piano and start with middle c, she doesn't need my help anymore. "Brynn do you want me to show you how to play Jingle Bells?" "No, I know, watch Mom," as she sings Jingle Bells proudly and plays whatever notes on the piano. After singing the chorus 4 times in a row "See Mom, I know how to do it." I just smile and say good job. The whole car ride down for the party she was singing Jingle Bells and then when it came to perform, she bravely marched up to the piano, struck one note, and was hit with stage fright. Maybe next time. I never know when Brynn will be hit by shyness, but it's usually just at the right times to make awkward moments.
Brynn got a big girl princess bed for Christmas. I think I was just as excited as she was. She's been crawling into bed with us for the last week or two, so my count down to Christmas started being count down 'till brynn gets her new bed so maybe she will sleep through the night again.' Her babies got a cradle too, so everyone slept good last night. That is except Ammon. He started crying around midnight and so I started sleeping next to him until he calmed down. Unfortunately, his condition got worse and worse... nasal and throat congestion, super high heart rate, labored breathing. At noon he started getting a fever and then we knew it was time to take him in. So Monday night I am hear with him at the hospital. Hopefully not long term. All his x-rays and blood tests have come back normal. So it's probably a cold virus making him all stuffy and unable to clear himself. He was doing so good until chemo on last Thursday. He just hasn't felt good since, but he was ok until today. It's never fun to come to the hospital and hear, "Oh there's Ammon." I don't like the fact that I run into nurses and doctors I know in the hall. I am still proud to have the title of Ammon's mom, though.
Update..We were moved to the PICU early Tuesday morning because he just could not maintain his oxygen saturation level. He has Human metapneumovirus, like RSV, so they expect it to spike on the fourth day before he gets better. With a virus you just have to let it run it's course, but this way we can have a little more pain medication and suctioning to make it more tolerable. We should be able to go home by the end of the week as long as his blood counts stay up.
Anyway, we've had a great Christmas and I hope all of you had a great Christmas too....and Happy New Year!
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds like Christmas was fabulous! Bummer you are back in hospital with Ammon.:(I I think we should go straight to spring and less diseases!
Post a Comment