Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Getting better

Ammon decided he did not want to be here at the hospital very long. The poor kid was trying to roll over, grab the hose off the bipap, crying and shaking his head back and forth. They finally had to sedatate him on Tuesday night. I guess that's just what he needed though, after sleeping for 12 or more hours, he woke up Wendnesday morning like he was just fine. They took the bipap off for a trial, put it back on, took it back off, and kept it off. He received a blood transfusion yesterday because his hematicrit was dropping and I mentioned he looked very pale. Other than an occasional cough, he seems back to normal. He was tearing up paper and watching football bowl games with Dad today. It was so nice to see him smile when I came back tonight. I felt bad having to put the bipap back on and telling him to go to sleep when he was so happy and excited to se me.

There have been nights in the past where Ammon has had some rough days and all of a sudden he just seems happy, especially if Brian has been gone a lot, where we will let Ammon stay up and play with Brian until he is totally worn out. I am grateful we were able to catch his cold before it got worse. I think we will be going home first thing (which means 3 in the afternoon) tomorrow morning. It was nice to reunite with nurses and doctors that saved his life a few months ago, but we will try to stay away from here in the future. We will be quarantining ourselves for a while...especially Brynn, she's the one who got us all sick. She's doing better too. She just had a runny nose that turned into coughing, it really didn't seem that bad. It's being on the chemo that just makes everything ten times worse for Ammon.

No comments: