Brian is banned from blogging for a few days while he gets over a bad sinus infection. Which also means he is banned from going to see or help with Ammon. He has been amazing with this hospital stay. He deserves the same credit that he gives me with balancing work, church calling, family life, and Ammon, he loves his little boy. I am the lucky one. So yesterday Ammon again made good progress. The doctors said he needed to have a stellar performance to stay off the bipap and he did. I wasn't sure if he could do it, but I wanted to have faith and confidence. At the end of the day I thought, why did I doubt, of course he could do it. I have just loved our new saying, Be Brave like Ammon. My sister in law made awesome pins with that saying on it. It's our badge of courage. Please click here to see the badge.
Thursday night/ Friday morning was my turn to go home and help with Coleson's class Halloween party. Brian realized through out the night that he was getting sick, too sick to be there, so my brother hurried over to the hospital to be with Ammon until I got there. He stood in the morning circle to get all the doctor reports and he said the only thing he understood was diarrhea, that cheered Brian up. I still don't understand why boys find humor in potty talk. Ammon had another bone marrow aspirate, so we should get results tomorrow. He slept well while they slowly weened him from his sedative, narcotic and iv fluids. He resumed normal formula and they are really hoping he can go back on the ketogenic diet in the future, especially since his seizure frequency has increased. He was moved out of isolation to a new room because he is no longer neutropenic, he is making enough while blood cells to get by. He did need another platelet transfusion. He did have a stellar performing day.
However, last night he started being agitated again and has been whining and tossing around since midnight, the last 12 hours. As a mom it is frustrating and saddening when you can't console your child. I sing, talk, rock, give morphine :), and nothing seems to help. We are just hoping it is the steroid as Brian explained a few days ago. We've worried about stomach pains with not having formula for two weeks and then making his stomach and pancreas work again, but the nurse is confident the morphine or adivan would have knocked that pain. I guess I will just start counting down to midnight... I might be having my own new year's type celebration tonight... I hear they have a disco light/bubble machine, that and the fish tank channel, oh and the slushy machine, Ammon and I are set.
Ammon has fallen asleep. Pray for a much needed night's rest. Thank you again everyone.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment